The office of the SP Secretariat as mandated shall provide efficient & effective secretariat support to the Sangguniang Panglungsod in carrying out its duties and responsibilities as legislative body in accordance with RA 7160 or otherwise known as Local Government Code of 1991
A functional and effective Legislative Secretariat that supports the mandate of the SangguniangPanglungsod in making relevant legislations towards a progressive Ligao City
The office as legislative support to the Sangguniang Panglungsod shall ensure compliance with pertinent rules and regulations in the enactment of ordinances and resolutions and shall efficiently perform all other functions congruent to the directives under the Local Government Code of 1991.
- Attend meetings of the Sanggunian and keep a journal of its proceedings.
- Keep the seal of the government unit and affix the same with his signature all ordinances, resolution, and other official note of the Sanggunian and present the same to the Presiding Officer for his signature.
- Forward to the City Mayor, as the case may be for approval copies of ordinances enacted by the sanggunian duly certified by the Presiding Officer.
- Forward to the Sanggunian Panlalawigan concerned copies duly approved ordinances.
- Furnish upon request of any interested party certified copies of records of public character of his custody, upon payment to the city treasurer of such fees as may be prescribed by ordinances.
- Record in a book kept for the purpose, all ordinances, and resolutions enacted or adopted by the Sanggunian with the dates of passage and publication thereof.
- Keep his office and all non-confidential records therein open to the public during usual business hours.
- Translate into the dialect used by the majority of the inhabitants all ordinances and resolutions immediately after their approval, and caused the publication of the same together with the original version in the manner provided under the code.
- Take custody of the local archives and where applicable, local library and annual account for the same.
- To provide adequate and efficient secretariat services to the Sanggunian Panglungsod.
- Ensure that ordinances passed and adopted consistent with existing relevant laws.
- Provide the Sanggunian Members updates of approved ordinances subject to revision or amendment if necessary.
SP SECRETARIAT/OVM CITIZEN’S CHARTER
I. Information Dissemination on Resolutions/Ordinances
- Receive request for copy of resolutions/ordinances
- Research File and prepare copy of resolutions/ordinances
- Release copy to client
II. Issuance of certification of no pending Administrative Cases
- Receive request for certification
- Verify records on administrative cases
- Pay certification fee to City Treasurer’s Office
- Release copy to client