The City Government of Ligao led by Mayor Patricia Gonzalez-Alsua, thru the City Health Office, bagged several recognition in the 8th Salud Bikolnon Awards, themed “Pagpakusog asin Pagdara kan Serbisyong Salud sa Komunidad”, on 04 December 2017 at The Tent, Avenue Plaza Hotel, Naga City.
The awards are as follows:
1. First Prize Winner in Orally Fit Community
2. Top Performing LGU in the Implementation of PHA Annual Health Check Up 2017
3. Green Achiever Award
4. Best Implementer on Donor Recruitment and Mobile Blood Donation
5. Best Implementer on Innovative Promotion on Healthy Lifestyle
6. Best implementer of Newborn Screening Program
The Salud Bikolnon Awards is an annual event spearheaded by the Department of Health- Regional Office V (DOH-RO V), to give recognition and tribute to the exceptional practices in health governance of the Local Government Units and other health partners in the region.
Every year, LGU-Ligao assures its place in the limelight on the said awarding ceremony, for its excellent performance in instituting and implementing programs in line with delivering quality health care to its constituents.