Parish of St. Stephen Proto-Martyr
The parish began as a missionary settlement in the village of Cavasi in the town of Ligao, under the helm of of the Franciscan Friars. The first recorded baptism of native converts to the Christian faith was on the 24th of August 1608. The first pastor was Fray Luis de San Juan.
On 26 December 2008, a marker was set as part of the Quadricentennial Celebration of the Parish of St. Stephen Proto-Martyr in Ligao City. Present during the occasion was Most Rev. Lucilo B. Quiambao, D.D., Bishop Administrator of Legazpi with the clergy, religious, the Parish Pastoral Council and lay parishioners.