ABOUT THE OFFICE
The Office of the City Administrator is organized primarily for the purpose of assisting the Local Chief Executive in the administrative aspects of management . The primary objective of the office is to assist the Local Chief Executive in the effective management , supervision and implementation of local development programs and projects. The City Administrator is tasked to coordinate closely with all departments of the Local Government Unit especially in the administrative aspects of the day-to-day activities of the Local Chief Executive. The City Administrator will also be in close coordination with the Sanggunian Panlungsod regarding certain programs that need SP endorsements. During times of calamities and disasters , the City Administrator shall be in the fore-front in the delivery of services.
To ensure an effective, responsive and accountable governance and efficiently deliver services to the public.
Accelerate the economic growth and development of the City through utilization of available resources.
Under the Local Government Code, the following are the duties and functions of the City Administrator, viz
- Develop plans and strategies on management and programs and projects and implement them upon approval thereof by the Mayor;
- Assist in coordinating the work of all the officials of the LGU under the supervision, direction and control of the Mayor, and for this purpose, he may convene the chiefs of offices and other officials of the LGU;
- Establish and maintain a sound personnel program for the LGU designed to promote career development and uphold the merit principle in the local government service;
- Conduct a continuing organizational development of the LGU with the end in view of instituting effective administrative reforms;
- Be in the frontline of the delivery of administrative support services, particularly those related to situations during and in the aftermath of manmade and natural disasters and calamities;
- Recommend to the Sanggunian and advise the Mayor on all other matters relative to the management and administration of the LGU; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.