- Formulate integrated economic, social, physical and other development plans and policies for consideration of the local government development council
- Conduct continuing studies, researches and training programs necessary to evolve plans and programs implementation.
- Integrate and coordinate all sectoral plans and studies undertaken by the different functional groups or agencies.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the different development programs, projects and activities in the city in accordance with the approved development plan.
- prepare comprehensive plans and other development planning document for the consideration of the local development council.
- Analyze the income and expenditures patterns, and formulate and recommend fiscal plans and policies for consideration of the finance committee of the city.
- Promote people participation in development planning
- Exercise supervision and control over the secretariat of the local development council
- Exercise the powers and perform such other functions and duties as may be prescribed by the laws and ordinances.
- A highly competent planning office working in collaboration with development partners toward a sustainable and inclusive growth for Ligaoeños.
- Formulate, implement and monitor coordinated and integrated development plans and programs with people participation.
- Sustainable and sound socio-economic development management.