- Formulate measures for consideration of Sanggunian Panlungsod and Provide technical assistance support to the City Mayor and provision of adequate facilities, which require general services expertise and technical support services.
- Develop plans and strategies and upon approval thereof by the City Mayor, implement the same, particularly those that have to do with general services supportive of the welfare of the inhabitants of the City which the City mayor is empowered to implement and which the Sanggunian Panlungsod is empowered to provide.
- Take custody of and be accountable for all properties real or personal owned by the city, and those granted in the form of donation, reparation, assistance and counterpart of joint project.
- Be in the fore-front of general services related activities, such as the possible or imminent destruction or damage to records, supplies, properties, and structure materials or debris, particular during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural disasters and calamities.
- Recommend to the Sanggunian Panlungsod and advice the City Mayor on all matters relative to general services.
- Perform such other duties and functions and exercise such other powers as provided for under R.A. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991, and that are prescribe by law or ordinance.
- To ensure the delivery of basic services to the city’s constituency consistent with the Local Development Plan.