- Formulate measures for the approval of the sanggunian and provide technical assistance and support to the governor or mayor, as the case may be, in carrying out said measures to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision and provision of facilities relative to agricultural services;
- Develop plans and strategies and upon approval thereof by the governor or mayor, as the case may be, implement the same, particularly those which have to do with agricultural programs and projects which the governor or mayor is implemented and which the sanggunian is empowered to provide;
- Ensure that maximum assistance and access to resources in the production, processing and marketing of agricultural and aquacultural and marine products are extended to farmers, fishermen and local entrepreneurs;
- Conduct or cause to be conducted location-specific agricultural researches and assist in making available the appropriate technology arising out of and disseminating information on basic research on crops, preventive and control of plant pests, and other agricultural matters which will maximize productivity;
- Assist the governor or mayor, as the case may be, in the establishment and extension services of demonstration farms or aquaculture and marine products;
- Enforce rules and regulations relating to agriculture and aquaculture;
- Coordinate with government agencies and non-governmental organizations which promote agricultural productivity through appropriate technology compatible with environmental integrity;
- Be in the front line of delivery of basic agricultural services, particularly those needed for the survival of the inhabitants during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural disaster;
- Recommend to the Saggunian and advise the governor or mayor, as the case may be, on all other matters related to agriculture and aquaculture which will improve the livelihood and living conditions of the inhabitants;
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
- A modernized, productive, profitable and sustainable agribusiness sector contributing to a dynamic and globally competitive economy.
- To empower farmers and fisherfolk as agribusiness entrepreneur attaining competitive income, producing, affordable, accessible, safe and nutritious food for all, while promoting social justice and environmental sustainability.
- Effective agricultural programs and services for all commodities for the benefit of all Ligaoeños.