- Formulates measures and provide technical assistance to ensure the delivery of basic veterinary services and provision of adequate facilities;
- Develop plans and strategies and implement the same, particularly those which have to do with veterinary related activities;
- Regulate slaughter of animals for human consumption and the regulation of slaughterhouse;
- Regulates the keeping of domestic animals.
- Regulates and inspect poultry, milk and dairy products for public consumption.
- Enforce all laws and regulations for the prevention of cruelty to animals.
- Take the necessary measures to eradicate, prevent or cure all forms of animal diseases.
- Be in the frontline of veterinary related activities such as in the outbreak of highly contagious and deadly diseases, and the aftemth of man-made and natural calamities and disaster.
- Formulates programs on all matters relative veterinary services which will increase the number and improve the quality of livestock, and other domestic animals used for work and human consumption.
- Promotes public health by controlling and if possible eradication zoonotic diseases.
- To attain optimum productivity of poultry and livestock raisers.
- To develop farmers as self-reliant entrpreneurs.
- To develop animal production as a viable economic enterprise for small-hold farmers.
- To enhance development of agri-based enterprise.
- To protect public by controling zoonotic diseases.
- To ensure safe meat, animal products for public consumption.
- To foster linkage with other agencies to sustain programs like the milk feeding programs.