The Department of Tourism (DOT) shall be the primary government agency charged with the responsibility to encourage, promote, and develop tourism as a major socio-economic activity to generate foreign currency and employment and to spread the benefits of tourism to both the private and public sector.
Duties and Function
- To spread the benefits of tourism to a wider segment of the population with the support, assistance and cooperation of both the private and public sector; and
- To ensure the safe, convenient, enjoyable stay and travel of foreign and
local visitors in the Philippines.
- To establish a development framework that will ensure the improvement and sustainability of a positive environment for orderly business and economic growth that will encourage investments, promote livelihood and employment opportunities;
- To ensure sustainable growth in revenues from industries that adhere to sustainable framework for developing, utilizing, and managing the environment and natural resources of the municipality
- To enrich and continuously develop the dynamic and creative local culture in the barangays anchored on the youth
- To establish and institute development framework that will enhance LGU capability to deliver basic services, strengthen fiscal management, promote transparency and accountability and effect better governance
To create programs that will contribute to the development of the tourism industry of Ligao City.
The Tourism office of Ligao City shall have the following in its mission:
- Encourage Ligaoeños to help promote Ligao City as a potential tourists destination with unique people sceneries & activities.
- Ensure local and foreign visitors that Ligao City is a safe, convenient & an enjoyable place to visit.
- Generate employment for Ligaoeños through private & public involvement
The Tourism Office of Ligao City anchors on the following core values:
- Love of community as manifested in our mission of generating jobs for the unemployed members of the society.
- Culture & excellence
- following core values: love of God, love of country, love of community, vision- driven, innovativeness, resilience, transparency, culture of excellence, and discipline