To provide basic social services to different clientele from the 55 Barangays of Ligao City.
The City Social Welfare and Development Office(CSWDO) is a frontline service provider that provides excellent quality interventions and opportunities to the disadvantaged sectors for social protection and development through the delivery of enhanced basic social services committed to empowering the wee-being of the marginalized sectors, instill community participation and gender fair society.
To efficiently and effectively implement programs, policies and services that will lessen poverty situations uplift the living condition and empowers the disadvantaged individuals, family, and communities for self- reliant improve the quality of life and total sustainable development.
- Formulate plans, strategies, measures and technical assistance to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision of facilities relative to social welfare and development upon approval of the Local Chief Executive and Sanggunian Panlungsod
- Be in the frontline service delivery of immediate relief and assistance in the aftermath of man-made and natural calamities that will improve the living conditions of the affected inhabitants.
- Identify the basic needs of the needy, the disadvantaged and the impoverished and develop and implement appropriate measures to alleviate their problems and improve their living conditions.
- Provide appropriate crisis intervention for victims of abuse and exploitation, persons with disabilities, child at risk and child in conflict with the law and recommend appropriate measures to enhance their capacity and social functioning.
- Assist the Local Chief Executive in implementing programs at Barangay level for the total development and protection of children and improvement of the living condition of marginalized community people which would minimize the ill-effects of poverty.
- Initiate and support youth welfare programs that will enhance the role of the youth in nation-building and coordinate with government agencies and non-governmental organizations which have for their purpose the promotion and the protection of the youth sector.
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
- To assist and ensure the implementation of the programs at the Barangay level for the total development and protection of children and women in difficult circumstances.
- To plan and implement progressive and innovative projects in the field of social welfare and development and to assist the Local Chief Executive in implementing the same.
- To provide appropriate crisis interventions for victims of abuse, exploitation, and discrimination and recommended appropriate measures to deter further abuse and exploitation.
- To recommend to the Sanggunian Panlungsod and advise the Local Chief Executive on all matters related to social services, which will improve the livelihood and living conditions of inhabitants.
SERVICE CORE VALUES
In our desire for service excellence, we sincerely adhere to the following values.
- Help people in need and to address social problems and provide necessary intervention
- Strive to ensure access to needed information, services and possible resources for equal opportunity and meaningful participation of the clients’ in decision-making process in providing aid.
Dignity and Worth of the person
- Treat each person in caring and respectful manner, mindful of individual differences and cultural diversity.
- Promote clients’ social responsibility and determination.
- Enhance clients’ capacity and opportunity change and recognize their own needs.
Importance of human relationship
- Engage people as partners in the helping process.
- Strengthen relationships among people to promote, restore, maintain and enhance the well-being of the populace.
- Act honestly and responsibly and promote ethical practices at all times.
- Practice profession within the areas of competence and enhance professional expertise.
- Accept limitations
- Acknowledge other people’s ideas and needs.
- Open for constructive criticisms.
- Abide by existing policies and regulations
A. Child Crisis Management and Intervention Services
- Case Management, Intervention, Counselling and Assessment of Abused Children
- Provision of Assistance to CSA
- Conduct Rehabilitation activities, case studies and training for ERPAT
- Case management of CICL, Counselling and Assessment of Discernment
- Processing of Adoption, Foster and Migration (OFW)
- Assessment of SDUs( Surrendered Drugs Abuse
- Management and Supervision of Child Development Workers
- Monitoring of Day care centers and supplemental feeding program for day care children
- Facilitate significant activities for day care center/ children
- Consolidate nutritional data status of day care children
- Supervise children’s activity of market vendor( basic computer and dancing lesson)
A. UNLAD KABATAAN PROGRAM, FACES, CORE SHELTER AND PANTAWID PAMILYANG PILIPINO PROGRAM
- Management and Organization of marginalized youth through the PYAP
- Conduct of Capability building activities for the youth
- Interview and processing of educational assistance for the youth
- Facilitation of Resettlement/ Relocation of Displaced families and assessment of cases for assistance
- LGU link for Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino program
- Management of FACES Replication Project
A. AUXILLIARY PROGRAM AND SERVICES FOR PERSON WITH DISABILITY
- Management of Community Rehabilitation Workers, Assessment of PWDs
- Supervise PWDs activities
- Facilitate to mainstream significant activities for PWDs
- Coordinate, Link to partners NGOs and Gos
- Facilitate capability- building of CRWs, Parent and PWDs
- Facilitate special projects for PWDs from various GOs and NGO partners
- Organization and management of Women and Solo parent
- Facilitate capability-building, livelihood and self- enhancement activities to women and solo parent
- Facilitate counselling ,rehabilitation and assistance to abused women
- Facilitate processing of papers for Livelihood Training, special projects, LP/ SEA Loans project
- Operational management of OSCA and Organization of BASCA Officers
- Facilitate meetings, activities and assistance( financial/ food augmentation)to indigent and solo senior citizen
- Conduct cluster social affairs in celebration of Elderly Week
- Update recording and membership of registration
- Facilitate preparation of regular honorarium, monthly and quarterly pension of SC