For a richly endowed developing city like Ligao, engaging in public-private partnership scheme is the way to go towards achieving a resilient and vibrant urban economy.
The city of Ligao is centrally located in the 3rd District of Albay and very accessible from Manila by air and by land, with Legazpi City airport only 27 kms and Naga City airport, 52 kms distant away. The city is also reachable by train and by bus from Manila.
Ligao City, located in a basically flood-free area, enjoys being one of the gateways to the majestic Mt. Mayon National Park.
Reasons to Invest in Ligao City
The City is the Trade Center in the 3rd District of Albay. It serves the nearby municipalities of Pioduran, Oas and Guinobatan, Polangui and Libon. Wholesalers and retailers are the most predominant commercial establishments.
Ligao is considered as one of the Transport Nodes under the Legazpi-Iriga-Naga-Daet (LIND) Growth Corridor.
As a unique feature, a privately developed Kawakawa Natural Park gracefully situated within its urban core has become a favorite destination and venue sending droves of tourists into the city.
Abundant Natural Resources
Ligao City has an abundant water supply attributing to its well-managed watersheds. It has beautiful natural springs, caves,hills, lakes, waterfalls, mountains, and beaches awaiting to be tapped for development. The coastal resource boosts of vast marine biodiversity. The city is rich in mineral resources among which are high quality sand and gravel, and the aluminum silicate (zeolite), already being marketed externally.
Developed Infrastructure Support
- Extensive (approximately) 283-km. length, mostly concreted road network, interconnecting the coastal, upland and lowland barangays into the urban center, in place
- Provision of 3 newly rehabilitated Communal Irrigation Systems, 34.79 kms in aggregate length, for agriculture productivity
- Water District servicing up to Level III water system within the City, in place
- 4.61-hectare area for socialized housing program in place, for the homeless, landless victims of calamities as well as government employees, with 89 units already constructed
- Efficient flood control facilities and drainage system in place
- All 55 barangays energized
Support & Services
- Telecommunication systems, three wireless telephone providers, such as Smart, Globe and Sun Cellular available
- Public and private schools in all levels including arts and technology centers and public libraries
- Public and private hospitals and clinics
- Private service providers for the delivery of letters, parcels and cargoes which offer one-day delivery systems, aside from the government-owned postal service
- Controlled dumpsite located in a 5-hectare site in Barangay Bonga, with a proximity of 3 kms. from the urban center with regular garbage collection services in the urban and neighboring barangays.
- Multi-denominational and catholic churches
- Local public transport
- Recreation facilities
- Mini shopping centers
- Public market
Cost of Living
Cost of Doing Business